In spite of some limitations, Netflix is a legitimate and hugely popular entertainment solution that is enjoyed by millions of subscribers around the world. Meanwhile, Kodi (previously known as XBMC) is a powerful media streaming software that can help you to access and manage content seamlessly. In this guide, we’ll tell you how you can install Netflix on Kodi to enjoy a fantastic viewing experience. Just keep in mind that if you wish to access content from Netflix that is not available in your location, you can rely on a VPN to bypass geo-blocks. There is a wide range of VPN services available in the market, but since Netflix is trying to prevent users from accessing content outside their region, not all VPNs work to unlock Netflix’s libraries in other countries. At the moment, ExpressVPN, NordVPN, Buffered, VyprVPN and VPNArea are some of the services that can help you to defeat geographical restrictions and get access to more TV series and movies.
Steps to install Netflix on Kodi
With Kodi Netflix addon you will be able to get the most out of your Netflix subscription. In order to install the Netflix Kodi addon you can follow the below steps:
- Download the Aelec repository from this link: http://www.alelec.net/kodi/repository.alelec.zip and take note of the location in which it is saved.
- To access Kodi on your system go to SYSTEM>Settings
- Scroll down to Add-ons and press Enter
- Select Install from zip file from the list and find the directory where the official Aelec repository file is located. Then install it.
- Restart Kodi and go to System>Settings >Add-ons> Install from repository>Aelec Kodi Repo>Program Add-ons. Select Chrome Launcher.
- Allow a few seconds until a notification is shown. Then go back and click on Video Add-ons. Click on NetflixXBMC to begin the installation of the Netflix Kodi addon.
- Go back to the main menu and click on Videos>Addons. When NetflixXBMC is selected, you will need to enter your Netflix login details.
Once you have completed all the steps, you will be ready to use Kodi Netflix addon on any device. There is an extensive list of Kodi addons that will allow you to access even more content and discover all the entertainment advantages that Kodi offers.
Although Netflix offers a great selection of content, due to the licensing agreements that the company has with the studios, some countries have a better library than others. What is available for users in the United States, may not be available for those in the UK. Some countries have a larger selection of TV shows and movies available, which is why many Netflix subscribers opt for VPNs to bypass geo-blocks. Running the Netflix Kodi addon will help you to enjoy content from the paid streaming platform easily and with top quality. Just remember that you need a Netflix subscription and in order to unlock a larger selection of content, using a VPN is the best option.